This is where I will demonstrate a nice arrangement that will hopefully inspire and brighten your day! Below are tips regarding all arrangements and the process to create them. Keep these in mind while you let your creativity bloom!
For my daughter’s first birthday, I made her a flower crown and thought I would share the steps involved. I think it’s a great idea for a flower girl too and with wedding season around the corner, you might want to consider creating one! The process took me 15 minutes and I was so pleased with how it came out. If you want to make one, have confidence! Making it yourself can save you $20-$50. Consider who is going to wear the flower crown when deciding what flowers to use. A little girl has a little head, so flowers that are proportionate look nice. I used just Baby’s Breath. A bride would look better with larger flowers.
- Supplies: Flowers, Greenery (optional), Floral wire, Floral tape, Pink raffia (optional), 12 inch ribbon.
- Measure around the girl’s head with the floral wire. Have it rest no lower than the middle of her forehead. The flowers will also spread wider than the wire and you don’t want them covering her eyes or facial expressions. Have it rest more like a crown rather than an elastic headband. Once it’s measured, triple up the wire by circling it at least three times. Doing so will help make it sturdier.
- Wrap the wire in floral tape.
- If you’re using greenery, add it next. Otherwise add the flowers but in the same manner. Take each sprig with 2 inch stem and wrap the stem onto the wire. Use about a 3 inch piece of tape. You want to add each greenery or flower sprig one by one and secure them. Take your time and work your way around the band. You can have all the flowers laying in the same direction or you can lay them one direction from the center and lay flowers on the other side, the other direction. This will help it look symmetrical.
- Add raffia next. I didn’t place the flowers all the way around because it’s way too much. So tie it on with a knot on, wrap it around and around and tie it off. Then add a ribbon in the middle.
- You can make this a day ahead and then place it in the fridge to keep it from wilting. I highly encourage you to try! You can always attempt with inexpensive flowers or ones from outside first.